Openbox is a great source for entertainment, but what makes it even better is using IPTV on it. IPTV, or Internet Protocol Television, allows you to watch TV channels on your Openbox through the internet. It is a perfect solution for someone who doesn’t want to pay for high cable or satellite bills. Today, we’ll discuss how to load IPTV on Openbox and enjoy your favorite channels.
Step 1: Install Openwebif
First, you need to install Openwebif on your Openbox. Openwebif is an open-source web interface that will allow you to manage your Openbox from your web browser. To install Openwebif, follow these steps:
1. Open the command prompt on your computer
2. Enter the command ‘ssh root@
3. Enter your password when prompted
4. Type in the commands ‘opkg update’ and ‘opkg install openwebif’ without quotes
5. Open up a web browser on your computer and enter the IP address of your Openbox followed by :80, for example, 192.168.1.5:80
6. Enter your Openbox login details (if prompted)
Step 2: Install IPTV Player
Once Openwebif is installed, your Openbox is ready to download the IPTV player. There are various IPTV players available online, but for this tutorial, we’ll be using the DVB Dream IPTV Player. Follow these steps to install the player:
1. Download the DVB Dream IPTV Player from the official website or a trusted source
2. Transfer the downloaded file to your Openbox using FTP or USB
3. Open the command prompt on your computer and enter the command ‘ssh root@
4. Enter your password when prompted
5. Type in the command ‘opkg install gstreamer1.0-base’ without quotes
6. Install the DVB Dream IPTV Player by typing in the command ‘opkg install
7. Once installed, restart your Openbox
Step 3: Load IPTV Channel List
Now your Openbox is ready to load the IPTV channels list. Follow these steps to load the IPTV channel list:
1. Open the DVB Dream IPTV Player from your Openbox
2. Go to the menu and select ‘Settings’
3. Choose ‘IPTV Channels’ and click ‘Add’
4. Enter the URL of your IPTV channel list and click ‘OK.’
5. Restart the DVB Dream IPTV Player to see the channels list
Step 4: Enjoy!
Congratulations! You have successfully loaded IPTV on your Openbox. Now you can enjoy your favorite channels through the internet. To access the channels, go to the DVB Dream IPTV Player and select the ‘IPTV’ category from the main menu. You can also take advantage of various features provided by the player, such as channel search and EPG (Electronic Program Guide).
I hope this tutorial has helped you to load IPTV on Openbox. It is a great way to access your favorite TV channels online at a low cost. Now you don’t have to pay for expensive cable or satellite TV subscriptions. With this tutorial, you’ll be able to set up your Openbox with IPTV in no time. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite channels with your Openbox.
Get your subscription today: iptvuk.uk