How Do I Add IPTV to Plex?
IPTV, or Internet Protocol Television, is quickly becoming a popular way to stream TV channels for people all over the world. Plex, on the other hand, is a media center software that lets you organize all your media (music, videos, photos, etc.) and stream them to different devices. So, if you’re interested in IPTV and also a Plex user, you might be wondering how to add IPTV to Plex.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of adding IPTV to Plex in easy-to-follow steps.
Step 1: Sign up for an IPTV subscription
Before you can add IPTV to Plex, you need to have an IPTV subscription. There are many IPTV services available on the market, so you can research and choose one that suits your needs.
Once you’ve purchased an IPTV subscription, you’ll receive an M3U playlist file or an XMLTV EPG file. These files contain all the necessary information about the channels you’ll be streaming.
Step 2: Install the IPTV plugin
Now that you have the M3U playlist file or an XMLTV EPG file, you need to install the IPTV plugin on your Plex media server. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open your web browser and go to the IPTV plugin Github page.
2. Download the latest version of the IPTV plugin.
3. Extract the downloaded ZIP file to a folder on your computer.
4. Rename the extracted folder to “IPTV.bundle.”
5. Move the “IPTV.bundle” folder to your Plex media server’s Plugin directory. The location of the Plugin directory depends on your operating system:
– Windows: C:Users[Username]AppDataLocalPlex Media ServerPlug-ins.
– macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins.
– Linux: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins.
6. Restart the Plex media server to detect the new IPTV plugin.
Step 3: Add the IPTV channel to Plex
Now that you’ve installed the IPTV plugin, it’s time to add the IPTV channel to Plex. Here’s how:
1. Open your web browser and go to the Plex Web App.
2. Click the “…” icon next to your Plex media server and select “Manage.”
3. Click “Plugins” on the sidebar.
4. Find the “IPTV” plugin and click “Settings.”
5. Enter the M3U playlist file or XMLTV EPG file URL.
6. Click “Save” to add the IPTV channel to Plex.
Step 4: Enjoy IPTV on Plex
Congratulations on successfully adding IPTV to Plex! Now, it’s time to sit back, relax, and enjoy streaming your favorite TV channels.
IPTV is a great way to enjoy live TV channels, and adding IPTV to Plex is surprisingly easy with the help of an IPTV plugin. So, if you’re a Plex user and want to try out IPTV, follow the steps mentioned in this blog post and start streaming your favorite TV channels right away.
Get your subscription today: iptvuk.uk